Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Introduction

Well I've started a blog. I've thought about it for some time on how it would be fun to create one that I can use to write, think out loud, share ideas, share thoughts, and try to share some skills from my own experience of counseling children and their families. So here goes.

 Let me first introduce myself. My name is Lauren McAllister, I'm 31 and I am married to my sexy husband Joshua and for now we have a big white lab named jake who is our only child . . . and he is spoiled as such. We would like to have kids at some point, but for now we are waiting. We live in East TN where we are both from. I LOVE my job! I truly do. I feel liked I was called by God to be a counselor and while it can certainly be hard at times, I really do love my job and will be satisfied doing this for a long time. I work with children and families as a Licensed Professional Counselor and I work in a community agency.

My plan is to use this blog to share ideas about counseling as well as my own thoughts and bits of advice. There may also be a lot of other random stuff related to my life and hobbies such as crafting, backpacking, hiking, and mentoring. I also plan to write some about my faith in God and how He is changing, growing, and calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment